Information collectedWe collect the content and other information you provide when you use this site. This includes information used to create your account (for example:a username, password, an email address, and a name for display on comments) , account preferences, the content of private messages between you and other users or communities, and the content of information you post to the site (for example: text, photos, videos, links).
Information Automatically Collected: When you use this site, the server may automatically recognize you by a "cookie" or other tracking technology. These technologies act as unique identifiers and allow us to tailor this site to your specified interests and keep track of your activity on this site. This information may be added to your user profile and used to deliver links, offers and advertisements that we believe are relevant to your interests.
Furthermore, we may retrieve certain information from your browser (e.g., browser type, referrer URL, date and time of your visit, IP address) and device (e.g., MAC address, device type, screen resolution, and OS version). We use this information to monitor this site's performance, analyze traffic patterns and usage, ensure that this site and any transactions function properly, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. This information also may be appended to your user profile so that we may further tailor this Site to your interests based on such information.
Our advertisers, publishers and other third-party partners also may utilize third-party cookies and other tracking technologies like clear pixel GIFs (i.e., web beacons) to identify you. We and our third-party partners may use these technologies to measure responses to e-mails and page views on this Site and our third-party partners' websites. These technologies collect no personal information and are used to enhance this Site, to make this Site more relevant to you. Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures: Certain parts of this Site require cookies, and we may use them to deliver more relevant advertising and to link data collected across other devices you use. You can adjust your settings to limit tracking or decline cookies, but as a result you may not be able to use certain features of this Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device or browser settings for more information on how to delete or decline cookies and control your tracking preferences. This Site does not respond to do not track signals from most browsers, though we will add this feature in the future.
Information UseWe use information about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the site
- Help protect the safety of our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing our code of conduct
- Provide customer service, security alerts, updates, and administrative messages
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities on the site
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests
Information SharingWhen you submit a post or comment to the site, visitors to and users of the site will be able to see your posts and comments, the username associated with your posts or comments as well as the name you set to be associated with those posts, and the date and time you originally submitted the post or comment. Although some parts of the site may be private or quarantined, they may become public and you should take that into consideration before posting to the site.
When other users view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities on the Services, such as your username, prior posts and comments
We will not share, sell, or give away any of our users’ personal information to third parties, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- Except as it relates to advertisers and our ad partners, we may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work for us
- If you participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our site, we may share information with entities that partner with us to provide these offerings
- We may share information (and will attempt to provide you with prior notice, to the extent legally permissible) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person
- We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, rules, or other policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others
- We may share information between and among the site, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
- We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.